HVAC, FURNACE & AIR CONDITIONER (AC) REPAIR IN CAMBRIDGE, ONTARIO
It’s safe to say that breakdowns with your HVAC system can be extremely inconvenient, especially if you need air conditioner repair in summer or furnace repair during the winter months. Unfortunately, these are the most inopportune yet common times when the failure rate among cooling and heating systems is the highest. Keep in mind that the issue with HVAC system failure is not merely about the comfort of your living environment. It’s also about the safety of your loved ones and your home.
You wouldn’t drive your vehicle over 100,000 miles without changing the oil or getting a tune-up and yet, despite the comfort and safety our HVAC systems provide, we take them for granted and do nothing to protect such a large investment. Statistics show that the primary reason for HVAC system breakdown and failure is a lack of proper care and maintenance. While there is a small price to pay for Snap Air & Heating Repair HVAC services in Cambridge, it can go a long way to protecting a larger investment.
BOOK SERVICE ONLINE
4 MOST COMMON REASONS FOR HVAC SYSTEM FAILURE
There are a number of factors that can eventually lead to a failing HVAC system with the most common ones being :
- Choosing the wrong size system for your home – if you purchase an HVAC system that does not sufficiently meet the needs of your home, it will continually struggle to do so. Over time, this will shorten your system’s life expectancy.
- Improper installation of system components – in addition to reducing operating efficiency by 30% or more, improper installation can shorten the life expectancy of your HVAC system as well.
- Lack of preventative maintenance – this can lead to more frequent air conditioner repair and furnace repair service calls than any other reason. Furthermore, you can extend the life of you HVAC system by 5 or 6 years with preventative maintenance.
- Too much debris around your cooling or heating system units – for instance, your air conditioning compressor or heat pump must have 1½ to 2 feet of clearance around them so they can “breathe”
Failure to maintain and care for your HVAC system problem will inevitably lead to much more serious (and more costly) problems over time. Leaks are one such problem that causes an HVAC system to struggle and work much less efficiently. Not only that, but this will place additional stress on system components as well and increase the size of your monthly utility bills.
REPAIR VS. REPLACEMENT
At Snap Air & Heating Repair, our technicians never recommend replacement of your HVAC system unless it is no longer financially feasible to keep repairing it whenever it breaks down. Before deciding between repairing and replacing your HVAC system, you should consider the following factors:
- Age of your HVAC system – this plays a significant role when deciding to either repair or replace your current system. Many HVAC companies use what is called the “$5,000 rule.” The formula is simple. You multiply the cost of repairs by the system’s age. If the total is less than $5,000, then pay for the repairs. If the total exceeds $5,000, it’s time to replace the system.
- Increasingly frequent breakdowns – if you’ve experienced multiple breakdowns over the past few years, it’s probably time to start shopping around for a new system. Over time, these repairs can add up to a substantial amount of money and cost more than it would to purchase a new system.
- The noise factor – your HVAC system will start making a considerable amount of noise when it struggles to keep up with your home’s cooling and heating demands because it is overexerting itself to do so. It may even turn itself off in random fashion. If your system is not that old, a preventative maintenance plan that is tailored to the specific needs of your home may be the key correcting this situation.
There may be other aspects to the issues you might be having with your HVAC system. For more information regarding air conditioner repair and furnace repair service in Cambridge, contact Snap Air & Heating Repair today and discuss your needs with a specialist.
Snap Air & Heating Repair
5 DREW AVE
Cambridge, ON N1S 3R2